Return & Exchange Policy
At EcoSmart Inc, we invest significant resources to safeguard our items during transit. We use only high quality, secure and sustainable packaging materials and ship exclusively via quality carriers to ensure our products arrive safely, despite the rigors of both Domestic and International transit. Although we make every effort to ship our items safely, from time to time, both visible and concealed damage can occur during transit. In order to ensure a speedy and reasonable resolution to any issue you may experience, please review the following information.
1. On Receipt of your Delivery
- 1.1 Thoroughly inspect your delivery immediately upon receipt, and if possible, while the driver is present.
- 1.2 If any sign of damage is visible, clearly note “Package received damaged” on the receiving paperwork.
- 1.3 Compare the items received with the Packing Slip attached to the shipment and your original Order Confirmation Documents. If any items are missing, immediately report this to the driver and note it on the paperwork.
- 1.4 Should any damage, defects, missing parts, or issues either visible (to the packaging) or concealed (to the product inside the packaging) must be reported to EcoSmart Inc with all supporting documentation within 7 days of delivery. See “Reporting” below for how to report an issue.
- 1.5 If no report of damage, defects, missing parts or issues is received by EcoSmart Inc within 7 days of delivery, both the shipping company and EcoSmart Inc are released from any responsibility for damage, and all claims after this period of time will be denied. It is essential to inspect the package thoroughly.
- 1.6 Always retain the original packaging until you have determined that the product is satisfactory. If an exchange or return is necessary, this will help significantly speed up the process.
- 2.1 In the rare occurrence that a product arrives damaged, with missing parts, with defects or another issue, please contact our Customer Support Team within 7 days of receipt of your delivery. After the 7 day period, the product cannot be reported as damaged, defective, missing parts and/or returned for exchange or refund due to the limitations imposed by the carriers shipping the products.
- 2.2 To report an issue, please complete the Item Receipt Issue Form, which can be downloaded here. A list of information the form requires is below. Information requested on the form, including images, must be submitted within 7 days of the date of delivery.
- 2.3 At this time your Customer Support Representative will issue you a Case Reference Number.
- 2.4 If your purchase was made through an Authorized EcoSmart Inc reseller, all claims of any nature must first be reported to the reseller who will then liaise with EcoSmart Inc directly on your behalf to resolve your issue.
Information required when reporting an issue, includes:
- Order / Reference Number
- Item Name & description of the issue
- Date received by you
- Images documenting the issue (please follow image guide in the form)
Customer Support Contact Information:
- Phone: +1 (888) 590.3335
- Email: [email protected]d-usa.com
- Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30am - 5:30pm PST
3. Picking up items
- 3.1 If picking up items from an EcoSmart Inc location, please inspect both the external package and the internal items before taking possession, as items will be deemed in good condition at the point of your pick up.
- 3.2 Once items are in your possession, EcoSmart Inc is released from any responsibility for damage, and all claims related to the delivery of the item will be denied.
4. 3rd Party Carriers
- 4.1 When shipping via a carrier of your choosing, regardless of who booked the shipment, there is no circumstance where EcoSmart Inc will be for any damage, defects, missing parts, or issues either visible (to the packaging) or concealed (to the product inside the packaging) once the item is picked up by your carrier.
- 4.2 Any and all claims related to a shipment via your carrier must be filed by you, directly with your carrier. Carriers do not permit anyone other than the account holder to file claims on your account. We will support you with information needed for your claim in any way possible.
5. Custom or Final Sale Items
- 5.1 Any custom products, such as Custom Fireboxes, are made to order to your specifications. These items are one of a kind, and for this reason not eligible for exchange, cancellation or refund.
- 5.2 Items purchased from the Outlet or items noted as Final Sale Item are not eligible for exchange, return or refund, so please be sure you are fully informed as to the condition of the item you are purchasing.
- 5.3 e-NRG fuel is final sale and cannot be returned due to HAZMAT Regulations.
6. Cancel or Change Order Requests
- 6.1 Orders can be altered or changed up to 24 hours prior to ship date and can be processed by contacting Customer Support or your Sales Representative.
7. Processing an Exchange or Return
- 7.1 Our diligent Customer Support Team is fully trained on the many possible scenarios that may occur as it relates to shipping or product issues. Their primary goal is to support you through the process and to find a speedy resolution to the issue you’ve reported. Many diverse scenarios exist, so the solutions we provide are designed to meet your needs and to accommodate the requests of you or your customer. A full no cost exchange is not always guaranteed. Any items approved for an exchange or return will be issued a Return Authorization (RA) Number. This number is in addition to the Case Reference Number.
- 7.2 Your Customer Support Representative will walk you through the process for shipping the item(s) back and will enlist the support of our Shipping Department to ensure a speedy return takes place.
- 7.3 Items to be returned to EcoSmart Inc (regardless of reason) will ship via the same method, and likely the same carrier, as the original delivery. For this reason, it is vital the original packaging is retained. In the event there is no original packaging, replacement packaging may need to be sent at your cost, to be deducted from any credits or exchanges. Shipping packaging is costly and also slows down the completion of your return.
- 7.4 Items returned in a condition of lesser quality than when the Return Authorization was provided, will be subject to charges to either repair or replace the item in full.
- 7.5 Credit notes, refunds or release of replacement items will be issued after the receipt and full inspection of the returned item. Inspection will be completed within 7 business days of receipt.
8. Exchanges / Returns
- 8.1 In the event of a change of mind return, a 15% restocking fee will be applicable. Unopened, unused, uninstalled items can be returned or exchanged for up 180 days following the date of purchase.
- 8.2 Returns or exchanges are not available outside 180 days and are not available for open, used or installed items.
- 8.3 Original shipping costs will not be refunded and products must be returned to EcoSmart Inc in their original packaging unless otherwise agreed by EcoSmart Inc in writing. If original packaging is no longer available you will be responsible to request replacement packaging, which will be sent at your cost.
- 8.4 Return shipping costs will be charged at the actual rate, not the subsidized shipping prices on the price list.
- 8.5 Exchanges or Returns to take place in accordance with this policy.
- 9.1 Although EcoSmart Inc fully supports our warranties; our return program does not include freight charges for returns outside the USA & Canada. If you have a return or exchange from outside the USA or Canada, international shipping charges must be prepaid.